Assembler Guru's.

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Sat Jul 10 06:11:14 GMT 1999

>It is obviously collecting together boolean flags from various scattered
>locations.  This could be for an output port, or maybe for an ALDL
>status byte.  What is at location $0488?  If nothing, it might be meant
>for use during engine calibration.  A set of 8 LEDs might be driven from
>a port placed at that location.

I'd say an ALDL status byte Ludis as you say, I'm pretty sure this is all
tied in with the BCM serial comms and waiting for the correct data to tell
the ECM it is O.K to start (Security), I've hooked up one on the bench and
everything runs but injection, until the BCM gives the go ahead (via the
coded key). It is a serial data word from the BCM, not the old VATS style
square wave.

>What is at $5xxx in your ECM?  Is that in your 64Kbyte EPROM?  In many
>ECMs, that address range is GM's favorite place to hook in their
>development tools.

At $5xxx is code, not sure what it is doing, but yes it is a 64K EPROM.

Thanks

Ross Myers