3800 series II swap, please read :)

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sat Jul 10 12:08:36 GMT 1999

> Kevin wrote:
>
> The problems the car is having is VSS,
> and idle. the VSS the ecm see's is much more than it should be. The
> 440 has a 14tooth generator, and the 4t60e has a 31 I believe. The ecm
> see's approx double (not sure cause I don't know my actual speed) and
> the speedo was way off, so I changed to the 2k output of the ecm, and
> it is still off by about 20% or so. hoping for any input on this?

How are the VSS, speedo, and ECM wired up?  How were they in the 88
configuration?  And how were they supposed to be for the 92 computer?

If the hookup is VSS -> ECM -> speedo, and the raw VSS is much higher
than 4000 ppm, then it may be possible to reprogram a divisor which will
affect the speedo.  Does your ECM have a chip with a part number of
45154 or 16045154?