3800 series II swap, please read :)

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Jul 11 01:45:08 GMT 1999

TK wrote:
>>Could there be a DRAC type unit involved where you have to resolder jumpied
>>dividiers?.
>>bruce
>
> First what does DRAC stand for
Digital Ratio Adapter Controller ("Controller" might be something
else).

>and second, no. VSS to the PCM. 2k and 4k
> output to speedo, TFE, ABS

ECM output to ABS? Are you sure?  FWD brake systems are diagonally
split (LF + RR, RF + LR). ABS usually uses two inputs for front wheels
and ride control.

> >>can move the divisor and road speed constant all over hell and the ECM
> >>changes but not the VSS output to the speedo.

Strange... You can change the speed read by the scantool, but the
speedo stays the same?  Can you get a correct speed reading out of the
scanner?
Terry

Here's where a DRAC could help.
New circuit might be VSS -> DRAC -> Speedo
                              \
                               -->ECM
Shannen