Halp ANHT cal

Ward wspoonemore at excite.com
Sun Jul 11 18:10:50 GMT 1999

Your problem amy have nothing to do with the ECM, 1st check the fuel system
 The proceedure is:
1) key on
2) pressure s/b 3 bar, (3 time local baro) about 45# at sea level.
3) Pressure should hold for a very long time, loss of pressure gt 10# in 5
min is consiedered a failure. There s.b about 1/2 begining pressure 24 hr
later.

This proceedure will show:
1. a leaking injector
2. internal fuel pump leak
3. bad pump check valve.

All of this is done with the ecngine Not Running.

I you check the 160 count IAC you find that its only there for a very short
time. Its used as an anti-stall and is never less than 145 in any calib.

You may wish to check the imptoper shut dounw flag, this will give you a
clew if the ecm ever declared the engine running.

There are significant differances between cranking and the "timeout" start
up mode then actual running.

The flags are big help in establishing which of the three modes your having
the probelm with.

Ward