Halp ANHT cal

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Sun Jul 11 20:03:37 GMT 1999

Peter and all,

Here's what my '92 4.3 vortec does on startup:
T   IAC  REQ RPM  PW
0   160   3188     0
1   119    950    13
2   119    950    13
3   106    950    14
4    98    950    14
5    94     "      "
6    94     "      "
7    91     "      "
8    89     "      "
9    88     "      "

T in sec, car sat 12 hours, all temps 75F.  The motor started running
quickly.

I don't think I have a leaky injector as the motor behaved the same before
and after I replace the CPI assembly with a new one.  Still, checking the
pressure leakdown time would the best check.  Mine is 60psi also.  I had
cleaned the old one with pressurized injector cleaner from 3m and it did
improve idle quality.  I accidently got some of the cleaner on the
underhood paint (follow directions on relieving pressure), and it started
removing the paint before I could wipe it off.

In my previous post about having to go to clear flood mode, assuming that
the injector isn't leaking, it seems to indicate that it dumps alot of
fuel into the motor during crank.  This is consistent with what your
finding about richening up the fuel during crank.  -- just a guess.

I'll see if I can disconnect the injector wiring during crank to force an
extended crank time and get a better idea what the commanded pulse width
is during that time with the scan tool.

Tom