3800 series II swap, please read :)

Kevin Margitta speakerconnection at home.com
Mon Jul 12 01:07:00 GMT 1999

> TK wrote:
> >
> > From that I can tell, the speedo VSS output is just buffered VSS signal.
> > can move the divisor and road speed constant all over hell and the ECM
> > changes but not the VSS output to the speedo.
>
> If this ECM is at all like the '730 ECM, there is a seperate divisor
> just for the speedo/cruise outputs of the ECM.  The dividing happens in
> the chip (64992) which contains the VSS zero crossing detector and the
> ECM->speedo VSS output driver.  This dividing is totally independent of
> anything else in the ECM.  There are seven possible divisors: 1, 6, 7,
> 8, 9, 10, and 11.  In the '730, a 3 bit selector code is written to an
> output port in the 45154 chip.
>
> --
 Good information Ludis.  Does this mean that the selector code can be
modified in the prom by changing the 3 bit selector code? would the same IC
be used with a different divisor in the original ecm that I still have...
possible IC swap here?  I'm not that farmiliar with the guts of the ecm like
a good chunk of you guys on here :)

Cheers,

Kevin