Hard to start 747

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 13 00:43:45 GMT 1999

CSH-HQ wrote:

> At one time there were a set of tables that I mis ID'd as fuel adders for WOT.
>   The bottom step at 400 rpm has an effect at crank start fueling.
> Been a while but in the archives might have some tables with them changed.
> Grumpy

If I remember right Bruce is talking about at table that lived at 0x3c7
to 0x3d7.  Boy was that fun thinking that table was WOT adder, anyway
depending on who you ask this table starts at 400 rpm or below. either
way it defiantly has an affect on fueling during cranking. As soon as
the ECM sees 400 it starts adding fuel, to go along with the fuel
already there due to the crank signal. I have reduced the fuel in the
lower RPM ranges this table, and the main VE table and reduced the fuel
in the higher temp ranges of the cranking fuel table. This seems to have
cleared up the hot restart problem, but will it affect cold start
operation, guess I'll have to wait to winter...

BTW no leaking injector problem...I stared at them both for 15 minutes
and didnt see a drip, I guess I need a FP gauge... What was this talk of
a DIY way to high pressure injector cleaning.. Was this TBI injectors or
TPI ones??

Jason

--
88 Wrangler - 158K miles and counting
258 I6, 4.0 head, Cherokee header, 2.5" High-Flow Cat & Flowmaster