3800 series II swap, please read :)

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Jul 14 10:45:02 GMT 1999

TK wrote:

> No, the 92 3800 doesn't have this. There is a byte that specifies the IP
> divisor and a Road Speed Constant. Nothing like what you are describing.

Does the 92 ECM have either/both of the chips I mentioned?  (45154 &
64992)  I assume the 88 setup used the 1228253 V6 SFI ECM with the
orange 3rd plug?  If the newer ECM has the 64992, then it almost has to
have the extra divisor capability.  With some ohmmeter work, we should
be able to figure out how to access that feature.