Modula ?

Wayne Blair wayneb at foxboro.com.au
Thu Jul 15 01:27:01 GMT 1999

I think this topic may have come up before but here goes

What is this language called MODULA.
I beleive that the hc11 Gm  ECM's were all assembler written.
The assembler was a "Modula" assembler -
I thought meaning that the assembler linker and locater were seperate
programs that woud allow librarys of subprograms and data structures to be
used to make the final  executable.

There is often the suggestion that the hc11ecm's were coded for with some
higher level language than assembler. WAS IT ?

>Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:09:03 -0500
>From: Donald Whisnant <dewhisna at ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: Re: M6811DIS Disassembler

>Tom...

>The problems lie in just how well optimized some of the GM code
>really is -- at least in these older PCM's...  Most of it was
>written by GM in Modula (not C, not Basic, etc)...  Looking at the
>code, you don't see the typical stack frame, for example, that you
>see for C -- so identifying local variables and separating code
>functionality becomes more difficult...  In fact, I've been impressed
>at how well their compiler has optimized things -- there are a few short
>comings, but much of it couldn't be improved upon if done by hand -- not
>much anyway...

wayne
[Brisbane Australia]