3800 series II swap, please read :)

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 15 21:39:28 GMT 1999

At 05:15 PM 7/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>correction in that last message.....
>
>it's more than a drop ... it basically fills that injector tip completely,
>that could be anywhere from 5 - 10 drops I guess... thanks all :))

5-10 drops per cylinder shouldn't make the puff of black smoke and hard
starting.
Is the PCM etc all for a 97 GTP?
I'd make sure the coolant temp sensor is working properly, as well as the
Intake Air Temp sensor (in the air filter housing or intake tube between
the air filter and MAF.).  If those sensors read low, then the PCM will
think it's cold out and give a healthy pulse to the injectors on start up
that could be flooding the engine.

            David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
    Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!