auto commenter

jsg at donet.com jsg at donet.com
Mon Jul 19 00:58:31 GMT 1999

I've uploaded the C++ source code

ftp://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edi/incoming/asmCode-0.01.tar.gz

that performs the commenting procedure I've referred to earlier. It
transfers comments from a commented source code based on correlation
lengths of operation order (I was going to add the operand addressing
mode into the comparison, but it does not seem necessary in my
application... It would be easy to add). I've first used Donald's
disassembler to disassemble anht (90 auto) and then ran my code to
transfer the comments from the ECMGUY's disassembly (whose comments
are very good and seem correct but often has the wrong label info in
the operand... must have something to do with how he disassembles
these... corrected code included in tar file). I then used this to
comment axxc (92 manual). The codes differ by only about 30
instructions (additions in the IAC code in three locations). Maybe the
the latter code has improved IAC, at first glance it does not seem to
be related to manual/auto transmission.

The above code may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General
Public License.

john gwynne