2.8 Fiero Turbo Project

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Jul 23 20:55:09 GMT 1999

James P Hunt wrote:

> >I assume you know about (or have heard about) the 2-bar MAP option
> >switch in the '7170?
>
> I have heard of it, but I do not know what I would have to do to activate
> this feature.
>
> I presume that I would have to devise/modify the fuel injector values in
> addition to turning this on.

Nope!

CSH-HQ wrote:

> I've heard  of it, but would you mind sharing what/how it's done?.

Set bit 0b00001000 in location 0x3226 (aka 0x0226).  Squeeze the main
advance table by half to the left.  Fill the (now empty) right half with
timing data for boost.  Change the 1-bar MAP values at 0x327e (aka
0x027e) and 0x327f (aka 0x027f) to 2-bar MAP values.  These are WOT trip
points.  And finally, fix the PROM sumcheck.  Oh, and of course, install
a real GM 2-bar MAP sensor.

The above is enough to fire things up in 2-bar mode.  Beyond that, you
may want/need to tweak various tables.  For example, the volumetric
efficiency might be slightly different with a turbo installed.