What to DO?

TK terryk at foothill.net
Sat Jul 24 17:28:43 GMT 1999

Get the VIN from the car/truck you steal the parts from.  It makes getting
the BAR sticker much easier.

Needing the BAR sticker depends on the smog shop. Some panic, some don't. If
you have the VIN, you can *imply* that the whole engine is from the vehicle
and it is unlikely they will check the block.

Sometimes they like to get sticky about this. I called BAR and explained one
swap (81 V6 block and 85 V6 MPFI swap from carburetor). I explained the
block assembly was the same. They said fine. I got that persons name and
saved it for a veto if BAR or the smog shop freaked.

Generally, getting a BAR sticker is pretty easy.

Terry