Can you name this tune?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Jul 27 01:35:56 GMT 1999

Teller.John at orbital.com wrote:

> Pin 28 on an EPROM is usually VCC (+5V).  The part will not function properly
> without it! Are you sure the pin didn't get broken off somehow?
>
> --- John T.
>
> >TPIS puts happy faces on their proms and paints them gold.  I bought a TPIS
> >level 2 chip.  Word of caution.  Unless it's an early chip, the glue the lid
> >on with silicone and cut pin 28 so you can't read the chip.
> >I read it anyway.  I WIN!
> >Mark

Yup, they glued the lid on, and cut two pins.  First I wasted a bunch
of time verifying that I couldn't read the bin.  The I decided that
the glued cover was there to prevent me from looking underneath, so I
looked underneath. ; )  First find was a cut pin.  A small jumper made
from a safety pin allowed reads, but no two reads were alike.  More
time spent cleaning the cut pin and the jumper, then went back to
digging away the rest of the silicone and voila! a second cut pin.
After fashioning another jumper, I got a good repeatable read.  I
removed the jumpers, put eyebrows on the happy face, glued the cover
on and sent the car on it's way.
I won too.  The prom _did_ work with these two pins cut, whichever
ones they were.
Shannen