350 roadmaster ecm / 7747 ecm

Brent Obermiller ober_b at sssnet.com
Wed Jul 28 09:49:47 GMT 1999

Hi, I'll try to make this short.  I have an 1978 Caprice w/ a 92 Buick
Roadmaster 5.7l (Chevy 350 TBI  vin "7"). Put Trickflow heads on it, the

public service (police) prom, and 3:42's and have enjoyed it for 14 mos.
now,
but the bug bit and I spend the last month putting a 96 LT4 cam and the
Holley TBI (base) w/ the org. GM tower and injectors.  It *runs* well,
but the idle needs raised, the exhaust smells rich (BL=~109) , and and
the gas mileage is not so good (13-14mpg highway).  I bought a Needham's

PB10 and looked at the code. I found one table but little seems similar
to 7747 specs (it's a 16136965) so I bought a 7747 out of an 87 astro w/

4.3l (couldn't get a V8 at this yard, yesterday).  I need to know if
there is anything to know or do when using this V6 calibrated ECM this
w/ the V8.  Any info on the 16136965 would be appreciated as the there
is no provision for the A.I.R.(not so concerned) and fuel vapor canistor

(envisioning my ABS gastank collapsing) w/ the 7747.   Any positive
commentary would be appreciated in general.  Thanks.

Brent Obermiller

P.S. I'm really enjoying the turbo fiero info and NOW I wish I hadn't
sold my Z24. :)

Also, does anyone whether the lm3914 bar graph circuit can be hooked in
parallel to the existing o2 sensor or do I need a second one near-by?