TBI for Buick V6 ODD-FIRE

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Fri Jul 30 12:43:14 GMT 1999

The straight journal is stronger and is smaller which reduces friction.
Also the split pin forced the rod to be offset in the piston.  Buick fixed
this later (1992?) by increasing the offset between cylinder banks.  Either
way, each bank has even firing, its the bank to bank interval that is odd or
even.

Couldn't you use an odd fire dizzy with an EFI module to get odd fire
sparking?  Or will the EFI get confused with what seems to be highly
variable rpm.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>