valve unshrouding + porting and polishing intake/exhaust ports

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 31 21:44:21 GMT 1999

AFR heads are really good heads, probably the best on the market.  If they
didn't improve performance, then porting and unshrouding the valves on the
AFR heads won't help any more either.  What this means is that your stock
heads were not the limiting factor.  If you have a restricted exh, due to
say a partially plugged convertor and install AFR heads, then they won't
improve performance.  The engine needs to be addressed as a system.  I
suggest you take a look at the TPIS web page.  They have a book called LT-1
Hints and L-98 update that has pictures and flow tests of all the individual
components in the system.  Their stuff is expensive but does work well.
Mark