More silly ideas-MAP2

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Fri Jun 4 20:07:38 GMT 1999

| I kinda liked the idea of opening the MAP reference to
| atmosphere so the readings are relative to current BAR.
| I wonder why this isn't the method that's employed?
| There must be some sort of problem with it?

<<$$$,  like everything else gm does money rules..  If they can get close
with
a software fix, then that's the way they go.  But, for 3 HP I'll buy a
second MAP.>>

If one were to drill a hole in the chamber on the backside,
opening the MAP up to atmosphere, isn't that the same as
reading a separate MAP for BAR and doing the subtraction? If so, that seems
like the cheapest yet still accurate
way of reading true MAP, since it would already be corrected
for atmospheric pressure.

I think I have a spare MAP lying around, I guess I'll
have to open it up take a look. 8-)

-Mike