More silly ideas-MAP2

Jeff M tystorm at email.msn.com
Sat Jun 5 03:23:19 GMT 1999

>Jeff M wrote:
><snippage>
>
> GM has found (as it gets it together) that the
>> reality of there being more than 1 bar of pressure at altitudes below see
>> level had a more dramatic effect on some vehicles than others so, GM has
1.1
>> and 1.2 and 1.25....... "1 bar" MAP sensors.

>Shannen replied:

>Any idea of what apps/part nos apply, and whether they are 1.1, 1.2,
>1.25 bar?

MAP sensors are the hardest to get good info on (you know this :-? and I
cannot help yhou here, sorry.  I have found from testing GM cars with MAP
sensors that the values can reflect different ranges, a Turbo Grand Prix I
work on a lot shows it to be able to read above 2 bars, but only a small
amout.

Jeff M