ALDL 160 --> 8,192 baud conversion?

Tom Hussey thussey at idirect.com
Sun Jun 6 00:01:07 GMT 1999

While I can't answer your question directly, here is some info about the
chip used to drive the 8192 stream on a '97 Camaro...I suspect it might
be the same.

The Serial Transmitter/Receiver IC (SXR) is a 28 pin Jlead quad marked
70366U87 12317 466 DE. The chip takes the serial I/O pins from port D of
the 68HC11F1 plus one control port signal as input. The chip buffers and
isolates the microcontroller from ESD, overvoltage and other unpleasant
electrical conditions. In addition the chip limits the slew rate of the
output to control RFI. There is limited info on this part at

http://www.delco.com/index.cfm?location=517

Hope this helps...

-Tom