More silly ideas-MAP2

Dave Z dzug at mail.delanet.com
Mon Jun 7 23:33:30 GMT 1999

> From:          Mike Pitts <mpitts at netspeak.com>
>
> I think this would only work for adjusting to increases
> in BAR.  For decreases, such as driving up a mountain,
> how can you differentiate between a lower BAR and simple
> engine MAP?

would it matter? lessening the throttle OR climbing up a mountain--
same effect.. less of a fual need due to a lesser air charge, right?

> Seems to me I've seen code where the MAP is read at WOT for get a new Baro
> reading. In fact doesn't the 747 have something in there about this?

I can tell you that in the code for my 7727 turbo app, the baro is
checked once and only once. now that of coarse could be because the
turbo isn't exactly at 1 atmosphere at WOT.. so my application
suffers with the absense of that re-check? I feel robbed!

I too am curious about the MAP "bubble" pocket.. someone take one
apart and check it out! seems if there were a pocket, wouldnt it be
pretty expensive to have such a room or whatever instruments to make
the reference pocket exact? I skipped a couple of posts forgive if
the subject is over.
Dave Z - 87 GN 12.74 @ 105 w/1.84 60'
               13.02 @ 103 on 94 octane
       - 89 IROC 5.7 Now Supercharged!