More silly ideas-MAP2

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Jun 8 21:22:39 GMT 1999

> I'm SURE the presures vary with engine rpm or vehicle make etc... Wonder
> how hi these A/C pressures get in the fuel injected cars?

Well then, run a 4" hose from your firewall, opening into the cockpit,
and attach it to your TPI throttle body, and you'll have 5lbs of boost
plus, the air will be really, really cold.

I'm kidding.

Most vehicles "leak" air out the door seals, window seals, and vents
when the A/C is on.  Even if the doors/windows were absolutely air
tight, cold air gets out the blower box.  Most vehicles these days
(not sure what the cut-off year is) are required to have a "fresh air
system" which blows in fresh air, and pulls cockpit air out, the
theory being that this will prevent CO2 buildup in the interior.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)