Ignition only 7747

Guenther,Max Mguenther at ASCO.COM
Wed Jun 9 13:33:49 GMT 1999

On this same note, has anybody thought about using an ecm for ignition
only with l a 7727 (this is what I have laying around and am using
elsewhere). I have a Buick 455(lumpy cam) which actually needs a little
retard at high RPM.  Its a hundred or two for the box that does that.
The 455 was available with an HEI, which I could upgrade to the new
style with some work(I have a sawzall and this neat two part epoxy, can
do anything, says so on the box;-)and this would allow me total control
over my timing curve.  The only modification might be to turn off the
all the error codes when the O2 does not respond to fuel changes.  I was
planning on installing all the sensors (and possibly adding two TBI
units(dual quad manifold) or multipoint  system at a later date but I
have to fashion a manifold ect.)  Trying to do it one step at a time

	Any of this make sense??

Thanks alot!
Max