7170 Boost control

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Jun 11 22:31:02 GMT 1999

TK wrote:

> What pin is the boost control output on a 7170 ECM?

J1-C7 is an input, the purpose of which I'm not exactly certain.  J2-A3
is a PWM signal which controls the wastegate, once again, I'm not
certain which duty cycle opens the gate.  (One aftermarket vendor
patches the ECM program to flip the sense of the duty cycle in some cases.)

Oh, BTW, the 7170 is missing the wastegate control function - you have
to step back to the 1226869 to get the wastegate stuff.  However, both
of these ECMs still have the 2-bar MAP sensor turbo related features.