PIC- simple engine managnet system

NyTrOs NYTROS at stilez16.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 21:22:45 GMT 1999

Hello everyone

ive just joined this mailing list on the advice of some peeps from the PIC
LIST.  Ive asked them and now im asking you.  im new to the hardware side of
computers/embedded systems but am an experianced programmer.

At the moment im in the second year of a degree course at university and as
a final year project i wish to build a simple (at first anywayz) engine
managment system for my final year project.  ive been researching it for
about a month now and have come up with loads of information but nothing
very technical, some ive come to you, the guys in the know.

i would like to build a simple system to controll 4 injectors and give some
sort of readout on a LCD, a minimal number of sensors i.e. crank, engine
temp.

i did read a mail that was in your archives from way back in 1998 about a
KISS (keep it simple stupid) EMS based on a PIC processor, this sounds just
what im looking for.

anywayz all help on this subject will be greatly appricated and if used you
will get a mention in my project which may be published in some journals :-)