Lesson 0 / Assy 101

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Mon Jun 14 03:23:11 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> | Standard operating procedure in the software world.  It's an extention
> | of "If it's not broke, don't mess with it."  Equivalent to adapter
> | brackets in the mechanical world.
>
> Well, done adapter brackets are an art form of simplicity.

The equivalent in the software world is object code written in higher level
languages such as Ada, Pascal, Modula, Forth, or Cobol (or even Basic if there
was an OO version). Certainly not C or assembler. C++ can be OO but most coders
use C conventions and write procedural code. Most patches are written write in
assembler, hence the "hooks".  That is why I am always pushing for "Other
Languages" for EFI332 or DIYEFI. NASA writes 15 million lines of code for each
shuttle mission. Guess what language they use?????? (it's not C/C++)   Just my
.02  TomS