ALDL mode 1 data stream on a 730 computer

Carsten Meyer cm at ct.heise.de
Mon Jun 14 10:46:00 GMT 1999

>Help!
>
>I've been working on a program to display data from a 730 computer, I can
>currently
>receive data as long as the car is in park or neutral, but as soon as you
>put the car
>in gear, the data stops.  It doesn't make any difference whether the car is
>running or
>not I get the same results.
>
>Does anyone have any idea of what the computer is looking for when the car
>is in gear
>to get it to transmit data?
>
>Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave Dezinski

Dave,

when I built my first ALDL interface, I retrieved +12V supply from a ALDL
connector pin that (which I realized later) delivered the voltage only when
the trans converter solenoid was not to be engaged, so it dropped when I
hit the brakes or driving in lockup condition. There should be no
difference ( exept the appropriate status bytes) in the 7730 data stream
itself wether the car is in gear or not. This should be an interface
problem.
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Carsten Meyer, Redaktion c't

Carsten R. Meyer, editorial staff        Tel: +49 (0)511 53 52-300
c't magazin fuer computertechnik         Fax: +49 (0)511 53 52-417
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG              EMail: cm at ct.heise.de
Helstorfer Str. 7               private EMail: stinkbovist at gmx.net
30625 Hannover
Germany                       http://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/cm/

Dieser Satz kein Verb.

/"\
\ /
 X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign -- Against HTML Mail
/ \