Spark Bias??

TK terryk at foothill.net
Fri Jun 18 01:49:13 GMT 1999

D014 is Bias for Main Spark. KMNBIAS N=E * 256/90.

This value allows the main spark advance table to produce negative (retard)
correction values for spark advance, as a function of the lookup table input
parameters. The correction factors produced by the tables are given by:
Correction = Table Value - Bias.

D015 Is Bias for Base Coolant Advance Correctoin KCTBIAS N=E*256/90

This bias value allows the corresponding lookup table to product negative
(retard) correction values for spark advance, as a function of the lookup
table input parameters. The correction factors produced by the table are
given by:
Correction = Table Value - Bias.

Therefore, D014 is a offset for the Main spark table and D015 is an offset
for the Base Coolant Advance correction. Taken together. the total spark
advance would be:

(Main Spark - D015) + (Base Coolant SA Correction - D015)

Other factors are likely added to these values.

In the end, D014 is not "warm bias". It is a bias of the main table. Only
D015 is a temperature related bias.

Terry Kelley