SBC conversion from Qjet to '86TPI

Marc Piccioni mpiccioni at attcanada.net
Sun Jun 20 03:30:36 GMT 1999

I am planing on converting an earlier ( pre-'80) SBC from factory Qjet to
TPI and am curious if anyone has done this swap. So far I have the
following items:

'86 TPI intake ( runners, plenum, intake base, throttle body)
'90 distributor
'91 wiring harness and '7130 ecm  ( harness is 99% complete)
'92 AUJP calpack ( new)

I have several questions:

1) will the early engine accessories (altenator, power steering pump, A/C
compressor ) fit with little or no modifications ?
2) anyone have a source for compatible fuel line fittings?
3) any suggestions for an external fuel pump ?

/Marc