MAF & base fuel tables

Ward wspoonemore at excite.com
Mon Jun 21 01:14:33 GMT 1999

GM origianly used Bosch MAF sensors and were called FM devices by GM
(variable frequency). In MY96 Vettes were converted to a DC (variable
voltage) type. Other GM cars still used FM types, (the big B for example).

The early versions were burdened with an excessive failure rate, and were
phased out in favor of speed-density. (Cost issues).

The MASS flow approach to EFI is vastly superior to the Speed Density
approach. If you have the air mass and know the injector flow rate, your
done, no calculation requires byond adding fuel at 14.7:1.

Now GM has gone back to FM types that are much improved in relibility and
range, much for sutable for ECM gifted users. The are much shorter in length
and have a much bigger air flow range, well over the 250 Grams/sec that of
the old type.

Ward
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:19:53 -0400, Knowlden and/or Eller wrote:

> Bruce, thanks again for the acyc.bin from your '87 IROC. I have become
VERY