It runs now! (pulls liike a beast too)

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 21 12:48:35 GMT 1999

At 07:26 AM 6/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Todd,
>we're been aiming to keep the car in the low 800s at WOT, and around 780
>during medium to heavy acceleration.  May be a little on the rich side, but
>better safe than sorry.  As for cruise RPMs, we have a lot of tuning left
>there.  From what I understand, you should be able to run it rather lean, to
>the point where the o2 readings start fluctuating wildly, which should be
>somewhere around 450mv or so, if I'm not mistaken.  We're keeping it rich
>until we know for sure where to go for sure, though :^)  The first day it
>got something like 5 miles per gallon, but that's improved by now.
>Anyone wanna suggest a good target for cruise o2 readings?

 It should be stoich mixture which in the factory ECM's causes the O2 volts
to swing from 100mv to 800mv 10-12 times per second. (Which averages at
stoich, 450mv or so).  You need to look at the info on your ECM and see
what they recomend for cruise O2... if the program isn't set up to make it
swing back and forth, then you'll never see the swings, no matter how lean
you go.
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!