speed signal and DRAC

Squash realsquash at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 15:08:35 GMT 1999

Just to interject something possibly related...

--- "Peter D. Hipson" <mail at darkstar.mv.com> wrote:
> Finally the DRAC buffers the output from the
> re-sampler to drive the
> speedometer, cruise control, external speed limiter
> or alarm (some foriegn
> markets) and the TCU/ECU. Now, to further confuse
> *everyone* some TCU/ECUs
> are not calibrated at 2000 pulses per mile! Instead
> they are driven from a
> second speed sensor. This is a common situation
> where there is a non-turbo
> diesel, 4L80E automatic, electrical speedometer, and
> 4WD.

While in a late Chevy Caprice taxi-cab, i wondered how
they kept charging me for just sitting in traffic...
I looked at his speedometer while we were not moving
at all and it showed 10 MPH.  It never went below that
and it didn't move higher until we got over around 10
MPH for real!  I verified this on another cab ride the
same week.

andy