reset vector on a 68hc11

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri Jun 25 17:13:33 GMT 1999

Previously, you (dhardin at ovec.com) wrote:
> You are correct on the reset vector pointing to 2000.  I am working on a
> similiar chip on my 88 cavalier.  One thing to remember is that you will
> probably never get back to C language.

 what I'd like to do is get C source code, I know that in most places I'll have
re-do the code. I'm using this as an educational type thing and IF I get C that
will set the ecm up the same as the gm code ( read the same tables the same way ...)
then tunning will be easier. And that would also make it possible to use a 730
as a generic microcontroller ( try to find a single board computer that does all
a 730 does for $35)

>  And not only that it, from what I
> was told all of the earlier GM stuff was written in assembler and was never
> in a higher language.

 even if it was written in C compiler options change what the resultant asm. code
looks like

> So it's manual plug and chug from here.

great for learning though

>   Sorry to
> dissapoint you.  I hope I am correct on this.

I was aware that this is a big project, but I'll chug away at it

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8