reset vector on a 68hc11

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Jun 25 17:52:55 GMT 1999

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 dhardin at ovec.com wrote:

> yea I agree the C code would be much more friendly to tune.  I really don't
> understand why it wasn't done that way in the first place at GM.     doug

Because if straight assembly just barely fits in the address space you
have and just barely runs fast enough, then the C is not going to cut
it.  This is why in general assembly is used.  The address space
on mine is pretty much used, they have maybe 6k more they could use,
but they have basically 24k of code, and with C you would have more
expansion than that.   Now it sounds like the newer computers (96+?)
have quite a bit more address space, so then they could use a compiler
and not run into problems.

			Roger