reset vector on a 68hc11

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri Jun 25 18:05:12 GMT 1999

Previously, you (Roger Heflin) wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 dhardin at ovec.com wrote:
>
> > yea I agree the C code would be much more friendly to tune.  I really don't
> > understand why it wasn't done that way in the first place at GM.     doug
> >

> Because if straight assembly just barely fits in the address space you
> have and just barely runs fast enough, then the C is not going to cut
> it.

 I think it was due to a lack of good compilers, I've done alot of X86
assembly and C (thats what I do at work) wiht the right compiler and
optimizations C can go almost as small as handwritten asm. This could
be the start of a holy war.

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8