OBDII finally in OZ?

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Fri Jun 25 23:21:37 GMT 1999

>        Well until last week I have been linking to all Australian late
>VR and VS PCM/ECM ecu's until this week. I hooked up the trusty laptop
>to a VT (which is the latest Holden Commodore)... I think it was
>released in 1997? Possibly later. Anyhow, I used the usual transmission
>codes of MSG_ID, MSG_LTH, MSG_MODE, ... message... and checksum as well
>as the usual theft deterrent codes present during operation.

What can you tell us about the theft codes for a VR?, what is the polling
message and what is the correct BCM response to let the thing fire up?.

>Note PCM : SERVICE NO 16234531   BCC CJDN-1927  PCB is marked "P8".

Sounds like you took the lid off to see the insides of the PCM, I thought
they still used the smaller Memcal type socket like VS which says to me they
are not OBD-II.

Regards

Ross Myers