A GN Promdata Question

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 12:27:15 GMT 1999

Well guys, actually 2 things

1) What is an "Idle speed inverse quantizer" for? What does it do, and what
can be effected if you screw with it? I'm having a hell of a time getting my
cold idle right in my 86 GN. I've tried everything I understand in the chip
and nothing seems to help. The peoblem happens warm too, but slightly
differently. On cold start I get  fast idle after a few secs. Which BTW seems
to lower itself too much, I believe this is the lean calibration GM used? I
played with low coolant A/F and moved it in a couple steps to its current
13.8:1 but didnt really make a difference. I've tried playing with IAC park,
warm idle IAC park, low coolant temp A/F., but nothing I touch seems to make
a difference. I write down all the changes I make so I know what to put back
and whatmade a difference and so far I think that quantizer thing is the only
thing I havent screwed with. Do any of you guru's have any suggestions? If
any are willing, I'd be happy to send the bin for this chip and get
comments/suggestions on where my tuning has fallen short. Oh, BTW its an 86-7
cal.

Thanks in advance
Jim