GM '89 Bosch MAF - was RE: MAF & base fuel tables

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 27 05:38:40 GMT 1999

Hi Jason;  The problem is the computer can't read higher than 0 - 255.  If
you get a maf sensor that reads more you will have to re-do the whole
calibration scale.  I have not actually looked at one, but I hear that a
Porsche 928 maf is larger and will physically bolt on.  You might be able to
use one (It's still a bosch unti) and then recal the mapping.

What are you trying to do?  The stock maf maxes out 1) in reading 255
grams/sec on my 355 at about 4600 to 4700 rpm's. But will flow 589.9 cfm at
11" on a superflow 600.  Calculated to 796 cfm at 28".   On a friends dyno
it took 604 cfm to make 406 hp! (Flywheel).

I just add fuel to the map based on rpm when in pe and watch the 02 sensor
to make sure it doesn't go lean.  I wish I had a UEGO!!! to really tune it!
Listening GAR!
Mark