A GN Promdata Question

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 27 05:41:58 GMT 1999

I spend a bunch of time messing with the PID for idle and iac control and
what ended up fixing my idle problems was smoothing the spark map
transisions in the area of the map used for idle.
I had advanced the timing in the low load areas of the map and when rpm's
were high there was a lot of advance, so the iac would retract to try and
bring the idle speed down.  Then when rpm's dropped the timing retarded and
the iac couldn't catch the idle before it dies or it would occillate up and
down, drove me crazy!
Maybe this little direction will help.
Mark