Cam Swap

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Wed Jun 30 20:43:16 GMT 1999

Degreeing the cam wouldn't hurt even if the cam regrinder did get it right
on , your new timing chain sprockets could be off , I don't know if the V6
crank keyway was positioned in the retard position as it is rumored some V8s
were this way from the factory. The single pattern cam you put in might not
pull the exhaust like the original dual pattern cam with more exhaust
duration did. Uncorking the exhaust should let the single pattern cam work
at higher RPM.

Don