More EPROM Emulator ideas

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 3 15:34:15 GMT 1999

At 08:21 AM 3/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Not to confuse things, but I had a half baked idea that I have not quite
>though out.  What about two ram banks, one for even addresses, the other
>for odd addresses?  Say the 'laptop' wants to read or write to an odd
>address.  It could set up the address and data, wait for the ecm to do a
>read on an even address, and when the ecm does it's read, the 'laptop'
>could do it's read/write.  I'm sure if I figured out some chip counts, it
>would be more expensive than other ideas thrown out there, but mabe this
>might get others thinking...

Shouldn't really have to do any dual bank memory to keep from having
read/write collisions...
The chips I've pulled from my PCM's, 85 Buick Grand National and 95 P6 in a
Buick LeSabre all use 200nS eproms.
Just about all flash/sram I've seen is fast enough to write the whole 64K X
8 in that time frame.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.