Eprom Emulator Ideas

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Thu Mar 4 03:25:48 GMT 1999

I thought of that but the problem is it can't be done in realtime.
IT apears that you will have to reset the ecm every time you want to modify
code.
which may be better then re programming eproms every 5 seconds but it's not
realtime.
and the price is $50 US  as I emailed the guy as i wanted to get one and he
told me it was $50 US
so the web page is not uptodate..

my 2cents..

At 10:07 PM 3/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>If everyone looks at the following emulator
>http://www.at-taiwan.com/~com00121/.  Correct me if I am wrong but wont
>this work for what everyone is trying to do, except for the lack of a
>reset function.  If this will work than half the work is done, it
>connects via the serial port, all that is needed is software to edit the
>prom and incorporate the emulator commands..  I am not a programmer at
>all so I have no idea what this would entail but it would seem to me
>that having to do half the work is twice as good.  I bought one of these
>a while back due to the price, I couldn't pass it up, I thought that I
>would never get it due to the fact that it seems to come from some
>college kids in Taiwan but I did get it, I have not had the time to set
>it up, I need to make a cable to use it with the 2732A.  Anyway just my
>2 cents worth..  Jason

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER