Help please. How to dump the E flash part

DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Thu Mar 4 13:30:18 GMT 1999

Hi,
   I'm working on my 95 Camaro ECM, and have successfully downloaded my .T
(transmission, or time) flash part via the ALDL using the mode 2 command.  I was
able to dump the entire address space, which includes, flash, ram, and eeprom.
   I've received a copy of Ken Kelly's .E (engine or event) flash contents,
since he unsoldered the part and read it in a prom reader/programmer.  I've gone
through its contents and found that it should respond to an 0xE4 command (as
opposed to the 0xF4 command on the T side) and that it supports mode 2 (dump
memory block).

   I've been unable to communicate with the .E microcontroller.  I've sent 0xE4
commands over the aldl but get no response.

   Has anyone been able to do this??  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Hempstead