Help please. How to dump the E flash part

Tom Hussey thussey at idirect.com
Sat Mar 6 13:47:25 GMT 1999

Hi Dave,

There is no way to read the other processor through the 8192bps serial
in a 1996 and later OBDII style PCM. Support for the uart was deleted on
that processor. This is now done through the J1850. Look at references
to $1060 and $1061. They are to a MC68HC58 data link controller. I don't
have the full detail right now but will assist once it becomes clear.

I suspect we have reversed the names of the two processors. The
processor that folks (including myself) have been refering to as timing
may perhaps be the event processor. The reason we call it timing is
because of some text that is embedded into the code. Consider if
programming is done over the SPI bus as I think. The processor with the
target FLASH would be running the programming loop while the other would
look after comms and status reporting. I also think this is the case
because most of the timing stuff is done on that other processor (the
one with Event type messages in the binary). Both the VLSI that control
fuel and timing are on that board. Food for thought...

-Tom