Loctite for TB fasteners?

Teller.John at orbital.com Teller.John at orbital.com
Fri Mar 5 15:28:23 GMT 1999

My GM manual requires loctite on all of the throttle body screws that could
fall into the intake should they vibrate loose.  The manual stated no
stronger than 262 (permanent red stuff, anything more is like fusing).  I
used 242 (blue, medium hold), since the screws had not been staked by GM in
the first place and had not vibrated loose in 14 years!

BTW, I'm working with a Rochester model 300 TBI.

rr <RRauscher at nni.com> on 03/05/99 02:20:56 AM

Please respond to gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu