Injector Driver

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Sun Mar 7 01:28:37 GMT 1999

Has anyone played with the injector driver circuitry (two channel TBI - peak&hold) as found in the 16147060 PCM?   This box is from a 91-93 light duty truck with 4L80E.  I want to force the drivers to operate as either 6/1.5 A or 8/2 A units, instead of as conventional 4/1 A units.

I know that this is physically possible, by tailoring the two "current sense" resistors in the circuit, but I am wondering if anyone knows whether the rest of the components will stand up to this  current abuse?

Thanks;
Walt.