More DIS-749.bin stuff

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Sun Mar 7 15:07:38 GMT 1999

>>As it turns out the EST Signal is not inverse.  The timing is just off.

I think the reason the timing is off is because the signal is inverted.
Since there is one spark event per 120 degrees. Inverting the signal
should move the signal 60 degrees.

>>...  60degrees is how far the reference pulse is off  ...

This is what really makes me think that inverting the RefHi would
bring the timing back in order, since the signal would now be moved
60 degrees. KMAXRTRD2 and KREFANGL shouldn't need to be
changed to more than 10.  (To get the original 70 deg)

I am definately observing an inversion of the signal between my HEI
system and my DIS system when I hook them up to a 2-channel
oscilloscope and watch RefHi and EST.  I can't say if it's the RefHi or
the EST that's inverted, but one of them certainly is.

This is a guess, but maybe one could invert either signal to get things
back in line.  I didn't pay attention to the voltage, but a 7406 might do
the trick if it's around 5v.

I believe I can use my existing distributor ignition module to generate
the crank signal to fire a DIS, all I need is to add a sync signal.  (For a
Buick DIS using hall effect, not the Chevy DIS using reluctor, so a
separate signal).

-Mike