DTC check xmission light

DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Mon Mar 15 15:13:56 GMT 1999

Hi,
   Well, I modified my scanner software, and am now able to watch on my laptop
internal ECM memory locations while the engine is running.  I've been able to
eliminate all but one trouble code, and I don't have the data I need to solve
this one.

   I'm running my Impala SS '96 LT-1 engine with a '95 ECM.  I have the factory
service manuals for the engine, but not for a '95.  The trouble code is:  Check
Transmission Light open failure'.  I can believe this, since the '96 FSM doesn't
list a 'Check Transmission' light anywhere that I can find.  I assume the '95
has this light, and it hooks up to the ECM somewhere.  Since I don't have this
attached, I can expect this trouble code.

   Can anyone tell me what plug and pin in the ECM is used for the 'Check
Transmission' light for a '95 LT-1?????

Thanks,
Dave Hempstead