DTC check xmission light

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Mon Mar 15 18:47:09 GMT 1999

Dave,
	I have mapped out the Engine and Front Lamp harness from
the 96. It sure sounds to me like the PCM is looking for a
current draw on startup to show that the Indicator light on
the dash is working. I'll look at my harness pinout to see
if it supports an indicator lamp for the Xmission. I know
there are a few in the Instrument panel ( May be LED's not
Light bulbs), I think one is defined for Skip-shift. Don't
know what the automatic would use one for? I also have the
instrument panel from the 96 Camaro that donated my engine,
I'll see if it has any indicators. I suspect that putting a
small resistor load on the right pin would quite things
down.

		Ken