EST Problem.

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 22:41:12 GMT 1999

In a message dated 3/15/99 6:01:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, kojab at ar.com.au
writes:

> Hi All,
>  	Have been stuck on a problem for a few weeks now. I cant find the
>  answer for it.
>  	I am trying to modify a V8 memcal BFPM (256K Eprom) to run in my 4
>  cylinder Toyota. The BFPM is one of the high speed (8192) ALDL programs
>  used in Australia.
>  	The problem is when I change the "Static Advance Angle" from 60 deg
>  (0xAB) to 10 deg (0x1C) to suit the 4 cylinder distributor I then dont
>  get any EST change (no advadeg
>  position as with the V8 I do get normal advance but the idle is very
>  poor and I would suspect that this is due to the fact that the
>  injectors  are now opening 50 deg earlier.
>
>  	Appreciate any help
>
>  Cheers Richard.

Hi,
I've been having some similar problems.  I'm trying to get PROM designed to
work with an HEI module working with a DIS module.
The base timing was 60 degrees off and chanding the "static advance angle" or
KREFANGL made no difference.  What I did to solve the problem was to adjust
the "maximum retard angle" or KMAXRTRD2.  This got everything online.
However, now it seems that this has rendered the normal timing table
inoperative.  I haven't had a chance since then to try a few new ideas.
But, in other words, I can get the base timing correct but I can't get the
timing table to work and I don't know why at the moment.  I don't know if this
relates to your problem very well.

Ted